•  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  
We're campaigning for a Special DVD edition of "The Night of the Hunter": Join the cause!
•  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  

Friday, March 07, 2008

An interview with Terry Sanders

Visitors of this humble weblog will surely be interested in reading an interview with Terry Sanders at Indiewire

Sanders is an independent filmmaker, and known to "Night of the Hunter" fans as the second unit director. He and his brother Denis were close collaborators of Laughton in both that film and in the aborted project of "The Naked and the Dead"(Their script with Norman Mailer would be the one eventually used in the film as directed later by Raoul Walsh). Sanders, as you can gather from the interview is a born cinematographer and a very commited one to boot. One would like to read more details about his work with Laughton.

Personal note: visitors and friends might well be utterly shocked at how unfrequently I update this blog, specially as I have a loads of stuff queueing to be posted. I guess, I'm poor at organizing my time (I sure would require a Brian Donlevy type of inner-sergeant to discipline my schedule!), plus being almost non-stop working in the night shift of a very demanding work ever since last September... Still I promise that I'll be posting here for a long time coming. Slow as molasses, sure, but posting nevertheless. Stay tuned ;D

Off-topic: I understand that visitors of this site are enamoured with good acting, hence let me remenber you that, in a day like today, the great Anna Magnani would turn 100, so it woud be a good occasion to celebrate it watching any of her great performances . Tanti auguri, Annarella!

No comments: