•  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  
We're campaigning for a Special DVD edition of "The Night of the Hunter": Join the cause!
•  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  •  

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Why must we resist, Mr. Lory?

Prosecutor: Excuse me, Your Honor, I ask the courtroom be cleared.

Albert Lory: He's afraid, Your Honor. He's trying to deprive me of my last chance to speak. I know I am a condemned man. I know I will die. Are you going to let me speak, Your Honor, or are you afraid, too?

So, why must we resist, Mr. Lory?



Because though it increases our misery, it will shorten our slavery.

Thanks, Mr. Lory!

P.S.: Oh, by the way...Salutations to the guys of the Gestapo. Yes, I'm pretty aware you're reading this, too.

4 comments:

Scott said...

Hello Gloria... I almost wrote to ask you what you were "on about", because when I read your headline I thought you were asking us, as the audience, why we should resist the character of Mr. Lory. Then when I took a look at your comments which follow the photo et al. I realized that you were quoting, "Mr. Lory, why should we resist!" Totally different meaning... LOL Scott

Gloria said...

Whoops!!

Of course we shouldn't resist good dl' Albert, he's pretty irresistible, as you know ;D

I thought the comma between "Why must we resist" and "Mr. Lory?" would suffice, but it seems I just made a blunder.

Is it too wrong as it is or should I really edit it? Feel welcome to make suggestions.

Arts and Crafts said...

Jo, voy a ver la peli este domingo otra vez, me encanta. De hecho me enamoré de Charles Laugthon, jovencita yo, cuando un sábado de verano lo ví en la tele (muy tempranito), y en inglés!!, en This land is mine.

Tiempo sin pasar por aquí Gloria,... "mi empresa" sí que prescindió de mi en agosto, así que espero que las cosas te vayan bien.

Y, al fin y al cabo, siempre nos quedará Charles Laughton.

Gloria said...

ja, ja, Eudora pues ya somos dos chicas que nos enamoramos de Charles con esta peli... Aunque mi "Primera vez" fué una versión con el doblaje castellano: cuando por fín la vi en versión original subtitulada por la tele fuí la mujer más feliz del mundo (y creo que aín tengo una cinta VHS grabada de aquella ocasión...).

Siento lo de tu ex-empresa... Yo personalmente ando mosqueada porque hubo gente que en los años de vacas gordas hizo mucho dinero, y ahora esos beneficios parecen haber desaparecido como por arte de ensalmo (o de la banca suiza, vete tu a saber) y ahora todos aprovechan el espantajo de la crisis para "apretarse el cinturón" en la cintura de sus trabajadores.